Opened: April 2009
Centre Manager: Johann Holden
Our Westbury On Track Education Centre is a two storey building with an extensive plot of land attached. The ground floor consists of a former showroom and accommodates the practical skills areas for art, design and technology as well as science. The first floor is divided into three teaching rooms, one of which is the ICT suite and a kitchen. Both floors have ‘comfy’ areas for the students and there are plans to also erect an ‘outdoor’ classroom for environmental science and horticulture.
The Staff and Subject Specialisms
The team consists of a Centre Coordinator, an experienced teaching team covering English, Maths, Science, PSHE, PFWL, Citizenship. The team also consists of 2 Learning Support Assistants.
Life and social Skills are embedded in the On Track Curriculum. Students are all encouraged to attend a Sports programme making use of the local Leisure Facilities and to learn First Aid skills.
· Alternative curriculum with emphasis on work related skills and accreditation through AQA Unit Award Scheme, Entry Level Certificates and G.C.S.E. qualifications.
· Environmental science and horticulture projects (Level 1 & 2 qualifications)
· Preparation for Working Life qualifications including Enterprise and Employability
· Max. group size: 5
· 1:1 home tutoring and integration programme through our Outreach Team
· Students work towards Foundation Learning qualifications in addition to GCSEs where appropriate.